Re: 39e20ca7e28: MDEV-29748 ASAN errors or server crash in File_parser::parse upon concurrent view operations

Hi, Oleksandr,

On Oct 21, Oleksandr Byelkin wrote:

> if we got an error as I understood it will nead to an error of opening
> the table, so the query will  fail.
>
> The other thread may have memory but it is true for any EOM situation
> and there are a lot of places where we allocate memory, so I do not
> see how this will differ.
>
> The same with changing frm file with a working server, I do not think
> that our server will survive if something out of the server will
> change frms.

May be not, but it doesn't mean we need to introduce intentionally more
places that can cause a crash. What will happen if you would not set

  share->tabledef_version.length= 0

there?

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx