Re: Regression in crossbuilding MariaDB

Hi, Otto,

On May 15, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> Hello!
>
> While working on
> https://salsa.debian.org/mariadb-team/mariadb-server/-/merge_requests/46
> (Import new upstream version 10.11.3 to Debian) I noticed that
> amd64->arm64 crossbuilding no longer works.
>
> The CI shows that Salsa-CI job `test-crossbuild-arm64` no longer
> passes. Based on Salsa-CI runs I can see that it [still worked in
> upstream commit
> e55e761e](https://salsa.debian.org/otto/mariadb-server/-/jobs/4217220)
> but [failed in upstream commit
> 06b443be](https://salsa.debian.org/otto/mariadb-server/-/jobs/4217664),
> thus some of these commits in between regressed it:

Here're relevant lines from the log:
-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY) (found version "1.2.11")
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
ZLIB_LIBRARY
//Path to a library.
ZLIB_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=ZLIB_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
ZLIB_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=ZLIB_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND

note that zlib detection is part of cmake, not something we've changed,
so it's could be caused by a change in your build environment.

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx