Re: MariaDB 5.1.42 has been released

Hola,

On 18.02.2010, at 13:18, Alexandre Almeida wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> 	I have download it for the next DBA class next week. I am not using mysql at DBA class anymore.
>
> 	I am a MAC user, so, I have to download the sources and compile it.
>
> 	I just did the basics such as:
>
> 	configure --prefix=/usr/local/mariadb-5.1.42 --with-plugins=max
> 	make
> 	make install
>
> 	During the configure process I can read = innodb bla-bla-bla = YES, but, after mysqld starting I am getting have_innodb = NO WAY BUDDY!!! ;-)
>
> 	I am missing anything during configure process? Or do I have to include some line at my my.cnf?

What does "show engines" tell you? I just compiled 5.1.42 as you described and I get:

| InnoDB     | YES     | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and foreign keys

You can also try:
mysql> CREATE TABLE t1 (a int) Engine Innodb;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.05 sec)

mysql> show create table t1\G
       Table: t1
Create Table: CREATE TABLE `t1` (
  `a` int(11) DEFAULT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Best,

Hakan

--
Hakan Küçükyılmaz, QA/Benchmark Engineer, Stuttgart/Germany
Monty Program Ab, http://askmonty.org/