Re: Please help me clear this simple but critical issue [SELECT INTO OUTFILE LOCAL]

Does the connecting user have the FILE privilege?

 Yes, the connecting user has full file privileges.

Apples and Oranges.  LOAD DATA INFILE loads a file on the server's data
directory by the server, LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE is read by the client and
sent to the server.

LOAD DATA INFILE also requires the FILE privilege.

LOAD DATA is loading the file from the client while select into outfile is
dumping the file to the client. Not so sure why the latter shouldn't work?

Thanks..