Re: Full text search in MariaDB

Hi!

 On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 15:08, Joshua Partogi <jpartogi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are currently using MariaDB in one of our products. One thing that
>> we are wondering, does Maria engine currently supports Fulltext search
>> like MyISAM? If currently not implemented yet, will there be any plan
>> to implement fulltext support in MariaDB?
>>
>> Thank you very  much in advance for your assistance.

Yes, the Aria engine (the new name for Maria engine) supports same
fulltext functionality as MyISAM.

Walter> regardless of wether or not MariaDB supports it, I'd recommend going
Walter> with Sphinx or Solr instead. These are separate easy to manage
Walter> programs that make your fulltext search capabilities _much_ better,
Walter> faster and lighter.

Agree that for sophisticated indexing Sphinx (and maybe Solr, but I
don't know that one that well) is a a better choice.

That said, if you have a working setup and MyISAM/Aria does the
job, it's probably ok to continue using them. (Don't break a working
setup :)

Regards,
Monty