Re: virtual columns

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 11:00:36 +0200
Henrik Ingo <henrik.ingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Henrik> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Federico Razzoli
Henrik> <federico_raz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Henrik> > Hello
Henrik> >
Henrik> > I've read in the documentation that any legal SQL expression
Henrik> > SHOULD be allowed in the Virtual Columns definition.
Henrik>
Henrik> That opening statement (on
Henrik> http://kb.askmonty.org/v/virtual-columns) is misleading in many
Henrik> ways and I've commented on the article but it is not yet fixed.
Henrik>  - subqueries or anything that depends on data outside the row
Henrik> is not possible
Henrik>  - only deterministic functions are possible
Henrik>  - UDF and stored functions are not possible

Sorry for not getting the article updated earlier. I've changed the
problematic line and added some clarifying bullet points.

Let me know if further changes need to be made.

http://kb.askmonty.org/v/virtual-columns

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew