To: "Philip Stoev" <pstoev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2010 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Maria-discuss] Problem with MariaDb as a Windows service

I tried.  I did not work.
(let me add that I have UAC completely disabled)

-- Peter

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 20:04, Philip Stoev <pstoev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

It seems that the service requires the --console option to operate
properly. Here is how I could make it work:

1. In the Services Control panel, open up the properties for the service
2. In the "Start Parameters" box, type "--console" without the quotation
marks
3. In the same dialog box, hit Start

Philip Stoev

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Laursen" <