Re: Suggested sample my.cnf for MariaDB package

I request setting max_allowed_packet 16M (at least - actually I'd prefer
64M) in both [mysqld] and [mysqldump] sections for all templates.  For the
background for this request see
http://www.webyog.com/blog/2009/08/10/mysql-server-has-gone-away-part-1-max_allowed_packet/

We have reports every month where we have to explain users this setting
("help - I can dump my database but I cannot restore it").  16/64M would
eliminate the problem for most users.  And even for a single
(MEDIUM/LONG)BLOB used to store an image from a modern 10Mpixel+ Digicam 1M
is not enough - not even with JPG-compression (and of course not at all with
RAW or TIFF formats used by professionals)

Peter
Webyog