Re: NHibernate and MariaDB

Not familiar with NHibernate either. From what I read, it  uses
Connector/NET , so that  should work with MariaDB as well. if it turns out
not  to work, I can  debug this Connector -  I happen to know its codebase
pretty well - worked on it in the past.
The performance implications/benefits are not known until  benchmarked for
your specific application. MariaDB might be better than MySQL due to
enhanced optimizer, if this ORMs constructs complicated queries (many ORMs
do)  .  Alas, the main point of ORM  systems is not performance, rather
ease of use for the programmer.

Wlad