Re: Frequently running Event overlapping itself

Hi, Brian!

On Aug 16, Brian Evans wrote:
> I have an issue where a fast triggering event, running every 30 seconds,
> is occasionally running multiple times without each finishing.
> This is causing duplicate data as things are marked done one at a time.
>
> I am trying to figure a solution such that this event can only run
> singly, but what is the best way?
> DISABLE at start and ENABLE at end?

That would work, I suppose.

Alternatively you can use GET_LOCK to synchronize events.

> Do SESSION variables work between event invocations?

I'm not sure I understand this. You mean user variables, like @foo?
No, every invocation is executed as in a new connection (kind of, not
really a new connection) and user variables dissapear at disconnect.

Regards,
Sergei