Re: can xtradb and innodb coexist in mariadb?

Federico Razzoli <federico_raz@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'd like to test the differences between InnoDB and XtraDB, but I don't want to have 2 MariaDB instances. Is there some way to compile MariaDB with both Innodb and XtraDB?

It is possible to compile MariaDB with both if one builds one of them (or
both) as dynamic plugins.

However, it is not possible to run a single instance with both of them
active. One of them must be disabled at startup. So you cannot have eg. table1
using InnoDB and table2 using XtraDB at the same time in a single running
server.

 - Kristian.