Re: MariaDB 5.5 compile error

On 8/6/2012 12:27 PM, Brian Evans wrote:
> On 8/4/2012 5:56 AM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
>> Hi, Brian!
>>
>> It fails, precisely, because you're trying to build without clients.
>> Even the original mariadb gentoo ebuild does not compile with USE=minimal.
>>
>> Building with -DWITHOUT_SERVER=1 is broken, it doesn't work.
>>
>> Depending on your needs you have different options:
>>
>> * Give up, install everything :)
>> * Fix the build (and tell us how you did it)
>> * Build everything but _install_ only the client - might be easier than
>>   the previous option. Note that RPM builds can already do that - in
>>   all INSTALL_FILE/etc cmake commands are tagged with an appropriate
>>   category, and depending on the category different files end up in
>>   different RPMs. It should be pretty easy to build everything and then
>>   install only files from client categories.
>> * submit a bug report (and we will fix it eventually, but we might
>>   prefer to fix the installation, not compilation part - see above).

I took a more elegant way in the end:
https://github.com/grknight/gentoo-mysql-extras/blob/HEAD/20001_all_fix-minimal-build-cmake-mariadb.patch

I attempted to follow what waiting_threads.c pointed to and it seemed as
if the client library/program would ignore its functions.
So, I disabled it from the build when WITHOUT_SERVER was enabled.

This gives the desired results in the compile.
If there is a "better" way, I'd be open to hear it.

Brian