Re: testing Galera

On 2013-01-28 18:18, Jan Kirchhoff wrote:
Alex,

regarding the transaction rates: we currently have a peak at around
400-500/sec at certain times of the day. We'll see how that works

This is all subject to hardware and specific transactions, but _normally_ Galera can sustain considerably higher trx rates than standard MySQL master-slave replication on the same hardware and load. This is mostly due to parallel applying and relaxed innodn_flush_log_at_trx_commit.

But I have seen 3000-5000 trx/sec in some clusters and in some synthetic tests it could achieve up to 50K autocommit updates per second in 1Gb network. So trx rate itself is not an issue there. What matters is how heavy those transactions are for your hardware.

I just found there are no mariadb-galera-debs around for ubuntu 12.10.
Can we expect them soon? Otherwise I'd have to reinstall the test
servers with 12.04 - couldn't get the dependency problems resolved when
trying to get the 12.04-debs into 12.10 and I don't want to compile
myself :-(

Unfortunately I have no say in this. This question should be directed to Monty Program.

Jan

Regards,
Alex
--