Re: WL#4925 and multi-source replication

2013/3/15 Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Right. So this is mostly just my own academic interest, in practice it is
> of
> course real crashes/powerfailures we want to handle, not SIGKILL.
>
> If you are interested, this is my thinking: the server always does a
> write(2)
> system call on the binlog at (group) commit, even with sync_binlog=0. So
> even
> if we SIGKILL the server, the data is still in the kernel buffers (at
> least on
> Linux), and will eventually reach disk.

I'm interested, and I learn too, thanks!

> However, you are using DRBD. I am guessing that when mysqld on one node
> dies,
> a failover is done to the other node, and this looses data in the kernel
> disk
> buffers on the first node that have not been fdatasync()'ed.

I think you're right. I know that DRBD is not the best choice to have
high-availibility on a MariaDB master, but I have my reasons to make this
choice.... What could be the best settings in MariaDB and DRBD to handle
this situation ?

In DRBD, I just set protocol B which should be sufficient, but I can easily
test with C. I have test some disk options
like no-disk-barrier no-disk-flushes no-md-flushes use-bmbv and yes I tried
too no-disk-drain ...

In MariaDB I set :
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit  = 1
sync_binlog                     = 1
innodb_file_per_table = 1

I can test things, patchs, but I don't know what ... I didn't found
WL#4925 patch
so I can't test it.

Any clue ?
--