Re: [Dbmail] MariaDB and dbmail

Hi

Am 03.04.2013 15:35, schrieb Sergei Petrunia:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 12:15:53PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Am 03.04.2013 11:09, schrieb Sergej Pupykin:
>>>
>>> Downgrading back from mariadb 5.5.30 to mysql 5.5.30 solves the
>>> problem. It looks like mariadb has ordering problems or it is not
>>> drop-in replacement of mysql
>>
>> i am CC'ing this to the MariaDB list..........
>>
>> but "however when I run it from command line it works well" speaks
>> against it - this is highly interesting since more and more
>> distributions are switching to MariaDB including Fedora and i am
>> at preparing the switch too with no problems until now
>> _____________________________
>>
>> zamri <myzamri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> MariaDB is fully compatible with MySQL. Migration is done. So far so good. Phewww!...
>>>
>>> Now I need to do some research on tuning mariadb if needed.
>>
>> I found that after migration following SQL returns wrong sorted data:
>>
>> SELECT
>>     l.part_key,
>>     l.part_depth,
>>     l.part_order,
>>     l.is_header,
>>     DATE_FORMAT(ph.internal_date,GET_FORMAT(DATETIME,'ISO')),
>>     data
>> FROM
>>     dbmail_mimeparts p
>> JOIN dbmail_partlists l ON p.id = l.part_id
>> JOIN dbmail_physmessage ph ON ph.id = l.physmessage_id
>> WHERE l.physmessage_id = <ID>
>> ORDER BY l.part_key,l.part_order ASC;
>>
>> however when I run it from command line it works well.
>>
>> Probably it does not fail always because of not all emails damaged.
>>
>> Not sure if it caused by migration to mariadb, but problem appeared
>> near same time.
>
> If something isn't working in MariaDB, we would like to fix it.  I am not aware
> of any intended changes that would cause MariaDB to handle ORDER BY differently
> than MySQL does.
>
> Could you please tell, what exactly is wrong with the results you're getting?
> Is it the right data, but in the wrong order, or the data itself is also wrong?
>
> You mention
>> however when I run it from command line it works well.
>
> How is it run not from commandline? (sorry if this question is trivial, but
> I'm not familiar with the dbmail codebase).
>
> What version of dbmail are you using? Is your table definition for table
> dbmail_partlists the same as in dbmail-3.0.2, file sql/mysql/create_tables.mysql ?
>
> Getting to know the above could help us to resolve the problem

thank you for your feedback

i am not the original poster and because "suppress_duplicates" not sure
if you are subscribed to the dbmail-list now and the message reached
the list

i am not the orginal poster but because i plan to migrate to MariaDB
in a short and we are a heavy user of the last recent dbmail i liked
to bring both communities together

we personally use this dbmail snapshot which has some improvements
comapred with the official 3.0.2 build
dbmail-3.0.2-7.fc18.20130321.rh.22b964b653ba149b63b9b6787aeac7803c2121e5.x86_64

http://git.dbmail.eu/paul/dbmail

hopefully if there are issues with dbmail and MariaDB they get caught
thank you!