Re: New server, switch to MariaDB, different versions

On 2013-04-27 4:25 PM, Elena Stepanova <elenst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 4/27/2013 10:54 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
Hello,

My current (8 yr old bare metal) server is currently running mysql
5.1.62, with just a couple of very small databases:

postfixadmin
and
roundcube

I am setting up a shiny new virtualized (ESXi host) server, that now has
MariaDB 5.5.30 on it...

My question is, can I do a dump from my old server running mysql 5.1.62,
then restore that dump to my new server running MariaDB 5.5.30, run
mysql_upgrade, and have any kind of reasonable expectation of it working?

Yes, it would be a very reasonable expectation. It's supposed to work.

And it appears that it did... zarro errors when running mysql_update. :)

Now to get everything else installed/configged...

Thanks