New Question: Which datatypes are supported by MariaDB

Hello,

A new question has been asked in "Getting Started" by giordano:
--------------------------------
I would like to know which datatypes are supported by MariaDB. I'm asking since I'm little confused. For example, the knowledge base contains a chapter temporal datatypes:
https://kb.askmonty.org/en/temporal-data-types/

where the the datatype timestamp is defined:
"it defines a set of correctly formed values that represent any valid Gregorian calendar date between '0001-01-01' and '9999-12-31'"

If I look at the MySQL-site
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/de/datetime.html

The definition for timestamp is:
"The TIMESTAMP data type is used for values that contain both date and time parts. TIMESTAMP has a range of '1970-01-01 00:00:01' UTC to '2038-01-19 03:14:07' UTC."

These are different definitions.I know that the datatype defintions in the knowledge base contains the syntax of SQL-99. What makes me insecure is which definition has priority.

Also I do not know if all datatypes in Oracle-MySQL are supported by MariaDB. For example, tinyint, bigint. (Sincerly, I know that MariaDB understand these datatypes, but I wonder if they have the same definition as given by the Oracle-MySQL-site.)
Thanks for help

To view or answer this question please visit: http://kb.askmonty.org/en/which-datatypes-are-supported-by-mariadb/