PHP 5.3 and mariadb 5.5.32 pam auth problem.

Hi All.

I have:
- one devel application server with
php53-mysql-5.3.27-1
MariaDB-compat-5.5.32-1.x86_64
MariaDB-common-5.5.32-1.x86_64
MariaDB-shared-5.5.32-1.x86_64
MariaDB-client-5.5.32-1.x86_64
- one devel database server with
MariaDB-compat-5.5.30-1.x86_64
MariaDB-server-5.5.30-1.x86_64
MariaDB-common-5.5.30-1.x86_64
MariaDB-shared-5.5.30-1.x86_64
MariaDB-client-5.5.30-1.x86_64
When I try to make a connection from devel to database server with
php mysql_connect function then when I am using:
- user with local authentication: connection is ok;
- user with pam/ldap authentication I get error
"Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
consider upgrading MariaDB client error 1251"
When I use mysql command on application server I can connect to the
database server with both users, so only php does not work.

Have you got similar issues? Any clues anout how to solve the problem?

Best regards,
Rafal Radecki.

Follow ups