New Question: regarding seconds behind master variable in 10.0.4

Hello,

A new question has been asked in "MariaDB Documentation" by jaihind213:
--------------------------------
hi
we setup maria 10.0.4 for multisource replication.

it was replicating from a percona 5.5 master. When we started replication, maria was a day behind its master.

its working fine but we noticed this phenomenon:

when we execute 'show all slaves status' consecutively the 'seconds_behind_master' flips from 0 to XXX and XXX to 0. XXX keeps decreasing though, which is good as its getting closer to the state of its master.

But wanted to know why the 'seconds_behind_master' comes down to 0 then again sets to a positive number.

Note: XXX is some positive number.

Thanking you.
vishnu rao

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/regarding-seconds-behind-master-variable-in-1004/