Re: New Question: MariaDB Galera Cluster Questions

Hi,

Galera is a higher availability, not a sharding system.  You can use spider or shard-query to handle transparent sharding.  Spider is a storage engine and does most work in a single thread.  Shard query is MPP and executes sort, join and group operations in parallel, but joins between shards are not possible unless you use sub queries in the from clause.

Sent from my iPhone