Re: Mariadb upgrade issues

Hi Constantine,

On 1/27/2014 8:48 AM, Constantine wrote:
Recently we migrate to mariadb and every version upgrade failed (last
failed from 10.0.6 to 10.0.7). After investigation I find this thread
http://mirzmaster.wordpress.com/2009/01/16/mysql-access-denied-for-user-debian-sys-maintlocalhost/and
after password update issue fixed. I find bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/maria/+bug/983322 but it marked as incomplete

Nowadays we use JIRA for bug tracking, that's why the LP bug you are referring to is so outdated. There are some open JIRA issues related to the suboptimal system of using debian-sys-maint and storing its passwords, e.g. https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-5500. If you have additional information, please feel free to comment on it. For example, it would be interesting to know how the password in the cnf file went out of sync with the data in the system tables in the first place. You did not mention any replication, and I assume you did not change the password manually earlier, so in your case the reason has to be at least somewhat different from the one that MDEV-5500 suggests.

Thanks,
Elena