Re: InnoDB pain points

On 01/28/2014 01:38 PM, Jan Lindström wrote:

> I would like to know the most affecting InnoDB pain points the
> customers/potential customers first refer.

some random first thoughts:

* main table space defrag / shrink was mentioned already, even with
  file-per-table this can still be an issue with large transactions
  able to blow up undo logs ... even an offline defrag by an external
  tool that requires mysqld to be shut down first may already be worth
  it

* a more personal pain point: now that FULLTEXT index support is finally
  there SPATIAL indexes are the last missing MyISAM feature that may
  keep some tables back from being converted to InnoDB

* DATA DIRECTORY / INDEX DIRECTORY support for InnoDB tables (implicitly
  enabling file-per-table, too) ... right now this CREATE option is just
  silently ignored, doesn't even throw a warning ...

* better insight into undo log utilization, esp. with separate undo
  tablespace ...

* ...

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe, Principal Support Engineer (EMEA)
SkySQL | http://www.skysql.com/