Re: New Question: Maria DB - changing hosting with a different DB

Am 26.02.2014 15:40, schrieb AskMonty KB:
> A new question has been asked in "MariaDB community" by hannasles:
> --------------------------------
> Hi Guys!
> I am moving my web-site from one hosting to another.
> The DB on the first hosting is MariaDB, DB on the hosting I am moving to is MyIsam

no - you are moving to MySQL not MyISAM
MyISAM is a engine of both

> When importing the DB, I am getting this message:
> ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 19: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'PAGE_CHECKSUM=1' at line 6
>
> Line 19 runs:
> CREATE TABLE `wp_blc_filters` (
> `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
> `name` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
> `params` text NOT NULL,
> PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
> ) ENGINE=Aria DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 PAGE_CHECKSUM=1;

use ENGINE=MyISAM because Aria is a MariaDB specific engine
and remove PAGE_CHECKSUM=1 at all

if you are to sure that you can stay forever on a modern
hosting with MariaDB you should always avoid specific
features and engines from th every first start because
you break interoperability otherwise