Re: Trouble getting MariaDB to start up

----- Original Message -----
> On 01/04/14 04:52, Daniel Black wrote:
> > Start one of the nodes with service mysql bootstrap (to define the
> > primary node).
>
> This is still failing for me. It's apparently not to do with the
> clustering, but for some other reason I can't determine.

With this description I can't determine it either.

> > and the others just with service mysql start (one at a time). There
> > will be a SST.
> >
> > I'd still with the default rsync as it normally presents fewer
> > authentication errors on start up.
> >
> > Apart from that watch out for selinux failures, firewall rules and
> > which interfaces things are listening/connecting on.
> There's nothing in the SELinux audit log and running in Permissive
> doesn't help. It just seems to fail to start up without printing
> anything. The config options I've set work fine on MySQL 5.1 so I'm
> not
> sure why they're not working on MariaDB 5.5. Any pointers on places to
> look for more debugging info?

mysql error log. show global status like 'wsrep_%' on the nodes you can connect to.
sudo netstat -plntu on the nodes.

--
Daniel Black, Engineer @ Open Query (http://openquery.com.au)
Remote expertise & maintenance for MySQL/MariaDB server environments.