Re: Trouble getting MariaDB to start up

On 02/04/14 00:32, Daniel Black wrote:

----- Original Message -----
On 01/04/14 04:52, Daniel Black wrote:
Start one of the nodes with service mysql bootstrap (to define the
primary node).
This is still failing for me. It's apparently not to do with the
clustering, but for some other reason I can't determine.
With this description I can't determine it either.
Indeed - which is why in my first message I also included the error log and my config file.

and the others just with service mysql start (one at a time). There
will be a SST.

I'd still with the default rsync as it normally presents fewer
authentication errors on start up.

Apart from that watch out for selinux failures, firewall rules and
which interfaces things are listening/connecting on.
There's nothing in the SELinux audit log and running in Permissive
doesn't help. It just seems to fail to start up without printing
anything. The config options I've set work fine on MySQL 5.1 so I'm
not
sure why they're not working on MariaDB 5.5. Any pointers on places to
look for more debugging info?

mysql error log. show global status like 'wsrep_%' on the nodes you can connect to.
sudo netstat -plntu on the nodes.
I checked these, and they didn't have any hints.

I later found the cause of the problem by trial and error - it seems that specifying the "memlock" option causes the server to silently fail to start up. I have no idea why, but I've removed the option and now it works properly.

Thanks,
Jonathan