Re: Lost connection to MySQL server at, 'reading authorization packet', system error: 104 (or 0)

On 6/18/2014 7:53 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
the client seems to use the very outdated mysql4 protocol
which is not compatible

When you say 'not compatible' - do you mean that mariadb simply will (would) not work with that protocol if the software attempts to use it?

- no idea why it does that only sometimes - maybe a completly wrong
error message from the software!

So, either for some reason the software really does attempt to use the mysql4 protocl during this transaction, and mariadb doesn't support it so the connection fails,

or,

the software itself is reporting the error incorrectly?

I just want to understand your response before I go back the the SOGo list with this.

Oh - I don't have debug logging enabled on mariadb... what would be the best way to get more information about this event on my mariadb server without flooding the logs with irrelevant stuff and/or impacting performance?

Thanks!