Re: User feedback statistics

Hi Serg,

On 22 Jun 2014, at 04:15, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Colin!
>
> On Jun 21, Colin Charles wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> http://mariadb.org/feedback_plugin/ in question -- where do we find
>> out information about storage engines in use?  List of loaded plugins?
>
> List of loaded plugins and plugin usage counters, you can see them in
> SELECT * FROM information_schema.feedback;
>
>> So far I see: http://mariadb.org/feedback_plugin/stats/features/ -
>> which has some information but clearly not all information
>
> Yes. I believe one can extract a lot more information from this data,
> than what we have online in charts. Ideas are always welcome :)

1. Storage engines used
2. Optimizer switches - how many use default, how many don't (and whats on)
3. Query cache on/off? (got to be careful here when displaying - we have it as ON with 0 allocated size so its effectively disabled)
4. Is threadpool enabled?

I'm sure others will come up with other interesting bits, but as I said, this is just to satisfy general curiosity and to see how our features are being used in the wild (and if they're not, maybe making more content to draw users into it)

>> Can we also get access to all the information like if people are using
>> the threadpool or not? I know that information is generated and we're
>> receiving it, but we're just not exposing it
>> (I mean I see this from SELECT * FROM information_schema.feedback;)
>>
>> Its also a good way to see if users are using something like the
>> PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA
>
> Plugin stats will show that, I suppose.

It does (38 lines of info sent in a typical report)

>> Let me know how one can access this information (and even better how
>> this can be exposed in the web interface)
>
> That's for Bryan.

OK, thanks for keeping Bryan on CC - let's see if there's time for him to extend/display this info
--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, SkySQL - The MariaDB Company
blog: http://bytebot.net/blog/| t: +6-012-204-3201 | Skype: colincharles