Re: quering images

Hi,

I wrote software to do something like this a long time ago, when I worked
at a usenet provider an we needed to track spam images.  I broke each image
down into smaller square images, and downsampled each to 8 bit, then
calculated a "color average" of all the pixels in each sample. If one image
matched enough samples to another image they were considered the same.

It didn't work for what i needed though, because it would find similar
images (a person moved an arm, but everything else was  the same for
example).  Unfortunately, I don't have the source available.