Re: where's mroonga?

Hi,

In <1411675039.18383.YahooMailBasic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  "[Maria-discuss] where's mroonga?" on Thu, 25 Sep 2014 20:57:19 +0100,
  Federico Razzoli <federico_raz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is Mroonga included in any MariaDB packet? If not: 1 is it in the source, and 2 any hints for compiling it?

Unfortunately Mroonga isn't included in MariaDB yet. :<
It seems that MariaDB developers work on including Mroonga
but I don't know the detail of the current status.
See also: https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-5222

You can find MariaDB source that includes Mroonga at
  http://packages.groonga.org/source/mroonga/

It is provided by Mroonga project.

The latest version is
  http://packages.groonga.org/source/mroonga/mariadb-10.0.13-with-mroonga-4.05.tar.gz

You can build the MariaDB source as the same as the normal
MariaDB source.

Then you need to run some SQL statements to register Mroonga
to your MariaDB. You can find the SQL statements at
${MARIADB_INSTALL_DIR}/storage/mroonga/data/install.sql. Run
the SQL statements like the following:

  % mysql -u root < {MARIADB_INSTALL_DIR}/storage/mroonga/data/install.sql

See also:

  * http://mroonga.org/docs/install/others.html
    It describes how to build Mroonga with normal MySQL
    source or MariaDB source.

I hope that this answer helps you.

Thanks,
--