De : Jan Lindström [mailto:jan.lindstrom@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : mardi 30 septembre 2014 10:38
À : Christophe Le Roux; Maria Discuss
Objet : Re: [Maria-discuss] MariaDB,TokuDB and FusionIO

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Christophe Le Roux <christophe.le.roux@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:christophe.le.roux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

About NVM compression, is it a hardware compression doing by the FusionIO controller or is it a software compression doing by the CPU of the server ?

Compression is done by CPU in the MariaDB server (InnoDB/XtraDB storage engine).

About Atomic Write, I understand there is missing code to have this feature to the TokuDB engine. Should I ask to the Mariadb dev team or the Tokutek dev team (or SanDisk/FusionIO dev team ?) to add it (maybe it’s technically no doable ?)?

I would start from Tokutek dev team, I do not know fully how database tables are stored on Tokutek, but I do not see immediately a reason why atomic writes would not be possible.

Do you think this can boost performances for huge TokuDB tables ?

Atomic will boost performance but only if database is stored on device that supports atomic writes.
R: Jan

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image