 Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] (no subject)
 Cc: "Maria Discuss" <maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Data: Venerdì 21 novembre 2014, 10:43

 Thanks.
 But sorry if I'm not clear but the two MariaDB instances
 are on the same machine. Hence the need to be able to choose
 in which mode I launch the RDBMS.

 On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at
 10:12 AM, Andrew Braithwaite <andrew.braithwaite@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:
 Put your MariaDB 'datadir' on a
 ramdisk.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAM_drive

 On 21 November 2014 05:30, Pierre
 GOUPIL <goupilpierre@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:
 Good morning,

 Is there a way to have
 MariaDB run in-memory? I mean, without changing the table
 engines.

 I have my
 production code which needs to be persisted to disk, but for
 my unit tests, it would be great to have an in-memory DB.

 I'm in the Java
 world and I've tried HSQLDB but its SQL implementation
 is way too different than that of MariaDB.

 Any ideas?

 Cheers,

 Zala

 --