Re: MariaDB for OpenSuSE 12.3

Hi Peter,

http://hasky.askmonty.org/archive/pack/10.0/build-6865/kvm-zyp-opensuse13_1-x86_64/

Regards,
Elena

On 24.11.2014 15:17, Peter Laursen wrote:
I am sorry, but I really do not understand at all how to get acces to RPMs
(or anything) from the page linked to (
http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/kvm-zyp-opensuse13_1-x86_64
).

-- Peter

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Peter!

We've recently started building on SuSE:
http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/kvm-zyp-opensuse13_1-x86_64
http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/kvm-zyp-opensuse13_1-x86

This is a new builder and we haven't made any releases of these
binaries yet, as far as I remember.

Still the source code is the same, so it is as stable as any other 10.0
build. But the packaging - like dependencies or conflicts - might be not
completely polished yet.

So, if you'd like, you can try our suse rpms that were built on opensuse,
as above.

On Nov 23, Peter Laursen wrote:
I have OpenSuSE 12.3.  It ships with MariaDB 1.0.13 - and with no TokuDB
and no Galera options. I would like to upgrade to 10.0.14 and also enable
TokuDB. And it does not seem that an upgrade will be available from SuSE
software repositories.

There are a lot of RPMs in the yum repository
http://mirror.23media.de/mariadb/mariadb-10.0.14/yum/. But does anyone
know
if they will work with SuSE 12.3? Runtime environment (kernel, glibc
etc.)
should be compatible of course, and also  RPMs for Redhat/Fedora/CentOS
systems will not alwyas work on SuSE, as SuSE has some specific
requirements for the SPECS.

When I used SuSE 10.x many years ago, the generic "glibc23" RPMs
available
worked perfectly.

Note: I *only* want to install a server that can be handled by SuSE's
YaST
package manager! So suggestons for any other solution (such as using the
tarball) is not an option. Or it would be last resort.

I would not mind give it a try if someone can advise what I should try. I
have SuSE running in a VM and I will be able to return to a snapshot of
the
system easily if something goes wrong.

Regards,
Sergei