New Question: MariaDB client/server (TCP) protocol

Hello,

--------------------------------
Hi,
I am interested to interface embedded boards to MariaDB data bases. Actually I made some trials with Mysql and a LPC1769 based board. I am quite satisfied, the results are very good but there is a problem with the license of the Mysql TCP protocol that is released under GPL so... there is a problem to work with closed source applications.

1. I would like to know if client/server protocol is the same for MariaDB and MySql
2. I would like to know if client/server protocol for MariaDB is under GPL or LGPL
3. Is there any documentation about client/server protocol for MariaDB?

Thank you very much and thank you also to fork MariaDB from MySQL, it is a better product.

Massimo

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-clientserver-tcp-protocol/

Follow ups