Converting the whole database and tables from one charset+collation to another

Google does not provide any source I would be sure of, many different approaches.. so rather asking here..

Given I have a database with latin1 and some latin* collation, the same for tables and I want to convert database, tables and data to utf8.

Are the following two commands really all I need to do? I mean if that is really enough to change the data as well..

ALTER DATABASE db_name DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

ALTER TABLE db_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

Thanks ahead for clarification.

Honza

Follow ups