Re: Password Complexity Plugin

Hi!

On 23 Jan 2015, at 00:03, Adam Scott <adam.c.scott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed MySQL 5.6 has a validate_password plugin.  Since it's open-source, can we add it to MariaDB 5.5.  Or is that bad form, a hot potato, etc.?
>
> We need the features of this plugin in our environment, and the PAM integration is looking not a good "fit" (though it's working great).
>
> (I'm trying to get it to compile in right now, but it's having issues with the includes so far...working on it).

So Serg has been working on a validate_password plugin that isn't based on 5.5/5.6 - he's doing it a different way from what I gather

See: https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-5442

The bonus of how its done now, is that it's here:
	https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-6431

It is shipping in 10.1.2 (don't use this in production please) -- see https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/documentation/plugins/simple_password_check/

Do you think that will do for you?

An extension to this is tentatively scheduled for 10.2, but this may change if there are enough requests/time to do it -- https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-6554

--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, MariaDB Corporation
blog: http://bytebot.net/blog/| t: +6-012-204-3201 | Skype: colincharles