New Question: Getting column names from the fields that use non-ANSI characters

Hello,

--------------------------------
I am trying to replicate example how to create pivot table like from MariaDB documentation:
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/documentation/storage-engines/connect/connect-table-types/connect-table-types-pivot-table-type/

Everything works as fine as explained. However, if I replace in source table fields 'Beer' with '啤酒‘ and 'Car' with 'машина‘, I get the following CREATE TABLE statement:

CREATE TABLE `pivex_cn` (
  `who` varchar(135) NOT NULL,
  `week` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `啤酒` decimal(6,2) NOT NULL `FLAG`=1,
  `Food` decimal(6,2) NOT NULL `FLAG`=1,
  `машина` decimal(6,2) NOT NULL `FLAG`=1
) ENGINE=CONNECT DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 `TABLE_TYPE`='pivot' `TABNAME`='topivot_cn'

Which then in SELECT * FROM pivex_cn; gives the following error: "Error Code: 1296. Got error 122 'Cannot find matching column' from CONNECT"

All tables are using utf8 as default. I also tried uft8mb4, the same result :(

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/getting-column-names-from-the-fields-that-use-non-ansi-characters/