maria-discuss team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: The future of Dynamic Columns
To sum this thread up:
* clunky syntax is unfortunate, but that's what SQL is, that'll probably
stay that way :(
* A function to query a type of a value for a particular dynamic column,
COLUMN_GET_SQL() as you call it, that should be easy to do.
I've just created an issue for that: https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-7535
feel free to add your comments there.
* indexes for dynamic columns (even if not "as important"). This is
already existing MDEV-6017, but it's a much larger task than COLUMN_GET_SQL.
* Input JSON directly - an existing task too, MDEV-7524
* And arrays were mentioned too, it's MDEV-6632
And while I'm not promising anything, I think that MDEV-7535
(COLUMN_GET_SQL or something similar) has a good chance of being
implemented in 10.2.