maria-discuss team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Giving up on dynamic columns
I discovered this showstopper on Friday while working with real data in
development of a new app. I managed to narrow it down today and filed the
Looks like Maria saves an illegally formatted dyncol string if a dynamic
column is longer than 64kB and is not alphabetically last by name among the
dynamic column in the blob.
Tbh, even is this were fixed tomorrow so I could proceed with my work, I'm
not sure I would use dyncols. My confidence in the feature has been shaken.
It's a pity because the Active Record ORM extension I wrote was working.