Re: Questions on image data should be stored in database or not?

then the question is answered - store them in the database if you need to prevent that

Am 04.03.2015 um 18:09 schrieb Peter Boston:
This is not a web app. So the database may be on the same machine as the
desktop app. The user/operator may be able to access the location where the
images are stored in the file system.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maria-discuss
[mailto:maria-discuss-bounces+peterboston1212=outlook.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
t] On Behalf Of Reindl Harald
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 11:57 AM
To: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Maria-discuss] Questions on image data should be stored in
database or not?

Am 04.03.2015 um 17:48 schrieb Jean Weisbuch:
In my opinion, the A option is the way to go, it will be simpler to
manage, simpler and easier to backup/restore, easier to scale/load
balance and i dont see why it would be more of a security issue.

if the folder where you store them is not reachable from the web and you
bypass the images via PHP based on authentication it's fine to only store
the path, otherwise *it may be* problematic depending how sensitive the
files are