Re: mysql_native_password in mysql.user WAS Re: SHOW GRANTS change?

Hi Sergei!

On 13 Apr 2015 5:34 PM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:

Should MariaDB not accept “mysql_native_password” as a value in that column?

Right, that's exactly the issue I was referring to.
I know about this case because I've fixed it.
It's MDEV-6253 and it was fixed in 10.0.12.

But ok, now I see that the bug was about the user being unable to
connect. That part was fixed. But SHOW GRANTS apparently wasn't.

Reported as MDEV-7985

What will the “life” of this bug and its fix look like? Is there anything that could be done to help bump it along?

We have code that depends on SHOW GRANTS for backups; that logic is now effectively discarding users’ passwords when, for example, an account is transferred from one server to another.

As a workaround I’m going to do:

UPDATE mysql.user SET plugin='' WHERE plugin='mysql_native_password'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Does this look like a reasonable workaround?

Also, are all 10.0 releases affected, do we know?

Thank you! :)

-Felipe Gasper