Re: user map auth plugin

Hi, Felipe!

On Apr 28, Felipe Gasper wrote:
> So, I recently wrote an auth plugin with the intent of implementing a
> simple user map, authenticated against the hashed password that would
> be retrieved via the normal password entry scheme.
>
> I got far too far along before realizing that this scheme basically
> requires that either the client use a plugin to communicate with the
> server auth plugin, or I use the old MySQL auth plugin.

yes :(
the server is hard-coded to use built-in plugins when the standard mysql
authentication is used.

> ...or is there some way to re-initialize secure MySQL auth from the
> server auth plugin??

I think so, yes. Your plugin should to declare that it needs
"mysql_native_password" plugin on the client side.

Then the server will notice that the client already uses
mysql_native_password plugin and will only reinitialize the server part
of the authentication without client noticing anything.

Tell me if it'll work :)

Regards,
Sergei