Re: MariaDB 10.1.4 Progress output

Hi Sergei,

It seems limited to the salaries table in the employees sample database.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/employee/en/

ALTER TABLE salaries ENGINE = Innodb; <- Exhibits the incorrect behaviour.

CREATE INDEX tt ON salaries (emp_no); <- Does not exhibit the behaviour.

DROP INDEX tt ON salaries; <- Does not exhibit the behaviour

ALTER TABLE salaries ADD id INT NULL; <- Exhibits the incorrect behaviour.

ALTER TABLE salaries DROP id; <- Exhibits the incorrect behaviour.

ALTER TABLE salaries ROW_FORMAT = COMPRESSED; <- Exhibits the incorrect behaviour.

Most of the tables have an estimated number of stages of 9/12/16/20 etc. The salaries table ranges from 76-84 depending on the action. Often, halfway through, the number of steps will drop down to 22.

[cid:image001.png@01D09182.7BFC1B40]

Cheers,

Rhys