mysqlbinlog

Hello All,

I've been playing with mysqlbinlog today. I'm Looking at performing backups of the binary logs.

The MariaDB<https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/mysqlbinlog-options/> mysqlbinlog lags behind the MySQL<https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/mysqlbinlog-options/> version in the sense it's missing a few features. Namely the ability to 'tail' a live binary log...

mysqlbinlog --read-from-remote-server --host=host_name --raw
  --stop-never binlog.000999

I haven't fully tested this but running the MySQL version against MariaDB doesn't appear viable. I'm probably going to fall back to a FLUSH LOGS / file copy solution for the moment.

What would be the chances of back-porting these features into the MariaDB version?

Cheers,

Rhys

Follow ups