 Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] will maria db overcome mysqls feature limitations? (foreign keys+triggers, recursive triggers)
 A: "Justin Swanhart" <greenlion@xxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: "Maria Discuss" <maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ludwig Gramberg" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Data: Domenica 19 luglio 2015, 19:51

 Hi, Justin!

 On Jul 19, Justin Swanhart
 wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Foreign keys need support in SE to fix the
 first item.  Cascading
 > operations
 don't work for triggers, but even worse, they don't
 work
 > for RBR replication if a) storage
 engines differ on master and slave
 > or
 b) the slave lacks the constraints.  This is because InnoDB
 does
 > cascade operations internally,
 because the SE interface doesn't

 support foreign keys, thus the cascade operations only work
 on the
 > slave if the SE matches and the
 constraints match.  This basically is

 a RBR/pseudo-SBR mix that simply doesn't work.

 Right. My first idea was to
 add some kind of a callback for a storage
 engine to inform the server about cascading
 operation. Then it could
 fire a trigger.

 We already can fire triggers
 for low-level row operations, this is used
 in our "RBR triggers" feature:
 https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/running-triggers-on-the-slave-for-row-based-events/

 Regards,
 Sergei