New Question: Buffer size issue?

Hello,

--------------------------------
I have a query that returns a string considerably longer than 1024 characters. It was working properly in MariaDB 5.1.

I have upgraded to 10.1.8, and it appears that the query return is being truncated at 1024 characters. I see this behaviour in three separate tools, including php mysql calls, phpMyAdmin, and the mysql command line tool. (It was the mysql CLI, piped to wc, that told me that exactly 1024 characters were being sent, but no more.)

Assuming this is not a bug, but rather some variable to be tweaked, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

BTW: Here is the query, which has not changed since it was written in 5.1:

This query basically returns a string containing a long list of plant family names, wrapped in HTML links. This is what I get back:

 >Caprifoliaceae</a>, <a href="/wiki/Car</pre>

That last link with the open quote in the open anchor tag sure plays havoc with the rest of the page... :-)

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/buffer-size-issue/