From: Colin Charles [mailto:byte@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Colin Charles
Sent: Friday, 20 November 2015 4:32 AM
To: Bruce Carlson
Cc: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Maria-discuss] Connect Engine with ODBC

Hi!

> On 19 Nov 2015, at 08:04, Bruce Carlson <bruce.carlson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> As I’ve now installed 10.1.17 on my test machine, would someone be able to provide more information on the status of remote indexing, how it works and on how I may be able to make use of this?

I think you’ve installed MariaDB Server 10.0.17, since there is no current release of MariaDB Server 10.1 that high yet. The latest release is MariaDB Server 10.1.8, and you can download/install that, and what you want should in theory work

see: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/what-is-mariadb-101/

Hope that 10.1.8 solves your problems!

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, MariaDB Corporation
blog: http://bytebot.net/blog/ | t: +1-347-903-3201 | Skype: colincharles | Twitter: @bytebot