Re: Creating MySQL .MYD, .MYI and .frm tables in Maria

Mysql> DROP TABLE snapshot;

Append ENGINE = MyISAM to your table create

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/storage-engine-setting.html

From: Maria-discuss [mailto:maria-discuss-bounces+rhys.campbell=swisscom.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carl Whalley
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:23 PM
To: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Maria-discuss] Creating MySQL .MYD, .MYI and .frm tables in Maria

This is the final stage from my thread regarding a botched F22->23 upgrade which hosed bacula.
I have been on to bacula support and they claim not to support Maria. Well, "not support" isn't right, just "not explicitly tested" - I know everything was ok under F22/Maria as I have another server to upgrade which runs fine now with this setup.

It seems the MySQL tables were created when bacula was installed several iterations of Fedora ago, and at that time they were of the .MYD, .MYI style. Each time fedora was updated, these were carried forwards - possibly through the swap from when MySQL was native to it becoming Maria, as we see now. That's why all the existing ones are in the form with the extensions I mentioned.

So, I'm now in a situation where it seems I have to create one last table ("Snapshot") and am having trouble because it somehow has been created but not in the .MYD, MYI style. The create table command is supplied already for me to enter - how can I remove the phantom one and create it again in the format the rest of the tables are in please?