New Question: MariaDb vs Oracle

Hello,

--------------------------------
Hi,

I have to find out in MariaDb how to implement some features used in Oracle . I have :

- Load a file: in Oracle I use the external table. Is there a way (fast and efficient one ) to load a file into a table . Has MariaDb a plugin which allows to load well a specific format of files?

- In my existing Oracle code I used to developp a java wrap functions which allow those feature (is there a way in MariaDb to do this?), specifically :

1- Searching a files in an OS directory and insert them in a table,
2- send an SNMP trap
3- Send a mail via SMTP

- Is there an equivalent to an Oracle job in Mariadb?
- Is there an equivalent to  Oracle TDE (Transparent data encryption) ?
-Is there an equivalent to  the VPD (virtual private policy)?

Many Thanks and Best Regards

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-vs-oracle/