Re: Performace issue with insert

Am 30.01.2016 um 21:07 schrieb walter harms:
Aktualy I do now some profiling now we want to see the differences when switching 31-1.
We used myISAM since the biggest problem is speed and immoDB showed to be crash sensitive.
We store long time series data so the system is writing data all the time.

for "writing data all the time" MyISAM is for sure a completly wrong decision because the performance strength of MyISAM was always on most-read workloads

MyISAM *always* does a *complete table lock* for writes and don't allow concurrent writes without locking - that don't scale when you write all day long and there are table locks all day long

what do you mean with "immoDB showed to be crash sensitive" (besides i assume you mean InnoDB) - MyISAM is crash sensitive and needs repairs everytime something crashs - InnoDB is crash safe (as for as something can be crash safe)