Re: Performace issue with insert

Am 27.01.2016 20:05, schrieb Tom Worster:
> Hi wh,
>
> If a table has any indexes then inset time increases with the number of
> records in the table. Even with only one index, the difference between
> inserting when the table is nearly empty and when it has many millions of
> records can be dramatic.
>
> If you have some understanding of how conventional indexes work then this
> effect can become fairly easy to imagine.

It is not that easy, since tables in my test 10.1.10 and mysql 5.1.53
have the same setup. I would not be surprised if the difference had been
10% or so. But the actual difference is much more, causing jobs to pile up
at peak times.

Unfortunately i have correct my self at one small point the engine is MyISAM.

re,
 wh